Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I am the Best at Album Cover Photos

Here's something you may not know about me: I am the best at taking album cover photos. You know the kind I mean: weird, almost-lazily wandering photos that capture either ordinary moments, extraordinary things, or the ordinary made extraordinary. There's an art to it, to be sure, but I can't explain it to you any more than I can explain breathing without forgetting what "ATP" means. It's just a gift that one has, a kind of poetry that infuses the day. At the end of it all, all I know is that I have this rare and wondrous ability.


Unfortunately, so far my only clients have been indie bands.


Now, some of these bands are good, and some of these bands are bad, but you can't blame a guy for wanting to branch out. If Eminem, Jay-Z, or the Beatles want me to do some stuff for them, we will work us out a deal.

Click the "read more" link after this sentence to see my art come alive:


In some cases I've provided comments to give you a background, but most of the time I'll try to let my work stand on its own. I should also note that all of these photos were taken with a cell phone camera, so imagine what I could do with a real one.








This band sucks, as you can probably tell by the title of the album. It's their first effort, though, so I'll chalk it up to growing pains or whatever.









I don't usually use filters on my covers, but this was one time where I thought it worked really well.



I know that looks like a misspelling, but I swear to you it isn't, the band actually spells it "Bordelo." So I suppose it is a misspelling, it's just not mine. You'll also notice they have "Mainstreet" as one word, which it shouldn't be. If you look at the file name you'll see I'm not making this up. Believe me, I've been to enough brothels to know how to be able to spell the word "whorehouse."

Wait.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated (sometimes), and possibly mandatory.

Also, I know the blog has been screwing up logins, so if you aren't able to login, please write a name or something at the end of your post. Or whatever.